Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bountiful Baskets

I learned from another person's blog about Bountiful Baskets. It's a group of people who buy large quantities of food (mostly produce) and then split the cost. I decided to give it a try. I picked up my baskets of produce today. This is what I got for $17 (the cost goes down to $15 after the first time):
- 9 bananas
- 2 onions
- 4 kiwi
- 7 tomatoes
- 4 zucchini
- 6 cucumbers
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 pineapple
- 3 lbs. apples
- 10 lbs. potatoes
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 head romaine lettuce


Not too bad. I'm excited to use this good, healthy food. I think it will help us to eat healthier. If you live near me, and want more info, checkout bountifulbaskets.org.

1 comment:

White Family said...

All of this for 17 dollars! That's incredible! I really want to try it but I'm sort of worried we wouldn't make it through it all before some of it goes bad. It would prbably give us the motivation to eat more fruits and veggies though. I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the idea!