Kaylen looking at a book during her evaluation
Kaylen was tested first. Her test was quite a literal test. I am concerned about her speech, since that seems to "run" in the family. All of the other kids have had speech therapy starting in pre-school. I took Kaylen to the district offices where different evaluations were done. Her hearing and vision were tested. She passed both. Her "social" and developmental levels were also evaluated. She fell within normal range, which didn't surprise me. They did determine that a more in-depth evaluation of speech is needed. I have that scheduled for next week. I'm anxious to see what the results will be. (I'm sure I'll post them.)
The next "test" was for Spencer. Actually, I believe it was a test of my patience (waiting).
Spencer at the x-ray lab
Yesterday when Spencer was jumping on the trampoline, he fell and burst out screaming. He cried, hopped, and crawled all night. He even sat in my desk chair and wheeled around, like a wheelchair. It was still swollen in the morning, so I scheduled a doctor visit. We went to the doctor's office and the doctor requested x-rays. We went to the lab. He got x-rays which we took back to the doctor. No broken bones! Apparently Spencer sprained his ankle. The doctor wrapped up Spencer's ankle, which Spencer has said has helped it to feel better. He has hopped around all day long, even all around the doctor's office, the x-ray lab, and up our stairs. He has been a trooper!
2 comments:
tell Spencer to be more careful we are coming in a week and we don't want him broken.We hope that he feels better.
I'm sorry to about Spencer. It must be tough to injured during the summer, especially when everyone else is having fun. I hope Kaylen's tests go well. I know how frusterating those tests can be. I only had to test one child and I hated every minute of it. She needs to be tested again this year at Roosevelt. I wish the best for Kaylen, she is a sweet girl.
Post a Comment