Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Fun

Since yearbook season is officially over, we decided to do some family activities to celebrate.
ET was on tv Friday night, so we watched it together. It was so cute to see Kaylen's reaction to the movie. She labeled ET as "Baby ET." She will label things as "baby" if it is small or "daddy" if it is big. It was fun for Eric and me to be reminded of the times when we saw ET as kids. Eric loved how the video game Asteroids was mentioned. I loved the Speak & Spell part, because I had one as a child.

Saturday morning we drove to Fountain Hills. I thought the kids might enjoy seeing the giant fountain, but after a couple of minutes they'd seen enough and were ready to do other things like...


...throw rocks in the water or food at the ducks and birds. During lunch, Logan took his an apple piece that had fallen on the ground and threw it at a duck (Spencer's suggestion). It hit the duck on the butt!







In the afternoon we worked on cleaning up yearbook stuff which had taken over our garage. I had to snap this picture of Eric using a broom. This is pretty rare, so I'm glad I caught it. : )

We're able to fit our cars in the garage again, which is so nice since it was 110 degrees today. The "springy" weather is gone. It's weird for yearbooks to be done, but it is so wonderful. I would wake up early ever morning and work throughout the day on yearbook stuff. It was so weird being able to sleep in until 7:45 today and having "free time" during Kaylen's nap. I would check my e-mail so many times during the day to see if any teachers had e-mailed, that it had become a habit. I found myself checking so many times today, only to find nothing - which is totally fine. The timing is great, now that school will be over this week for the kids.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I love to watch movies with my kids, especially ones I enjoyed as a kid. I'll have to watch ET with my kids. I love that you took your kids to see the Fountain Hills. I've always wanted to do that, especially after we see the fountain in the distance.