Today I took the kids to the library. The Summer Reading Program starts today, so I wanted them to get signed up. One of my goals this summer is to have the kids complete the entire reading program. For Kaylen, that means I need to read 12 books to her. For the other kids, they need to read (or have read to them) 32 books. Along the way, there are designated points when a child earns a prize. Each of the kids got a lovely bright green bag for their books. Inside the bags was a coupon for a free kids meal at Rainforest Cafe, what a great way to start the program!
I read to Logan and Kaylen. After I laid Kaylen down for her nap, Logan read to me. He's doing good. I also have a Hooked on Phonics set I bought at Sam's Club, so we're working on having him read those smaller books. Spencer and Lindsey each read enough books (6 books) to earn the first prize. They ended up reading for 45 minutes. It was great (they didn't fight the entire time!).
3 comments:
Hey! Saw "ekpyles" on the Devereaux's page, clicked on the photo to enlarge it and said, "No way, they have a blog!" I love finding more new pages of families and friends we know and love. Now we can keep in touch once we move! :) Hope the canoe trip goes well... Pace is excited! I bet you are too, Eric!
We just went to the library today. I love the reading program at the library. It motives my kids to read on their own. Dani loves to read to Emily, so I don't have to read all the books to Emily. Since Emily is three, I put enrolled her in the same program as my older kids. There is another reading program through Barnes and Noble. They can earn a free book by reading and writing a short summary on the book.
Everyone but me has gone to the library today I guess it will be my turn in the morning! by the way I love love love the hooked on phonics program 4 out of my 6 kids were reading before kinder because of it. It really works good luck on the summer reading program!
Post a Comment