Purple arrived today. The kids have been so excited for Purple to arrive. Purple is their grandma, Eric's mom, who lives in Ohio. She got the nickname because purple is her favorite color. Purple has been her nickname as long as I can remember.
Since Purple is staying with us, we had to get our house cleaned up. The kids worked very hard today.
Lindsey was the picker-upper and picked up the whole house. She hated to take care of anything that belonged upstairs.
Spencer is usually my biggest helper, but his ankle is still sore so he couldn't help out much. Spencer likes to mop the floor and usually does it, but since he couldn't I mopped it and Lindsey dried it (the stupid floor has to be dried with a towel or it streaks!). Spencer balanced on one leg and cleaned out the popcorn machine. He was the towel folder too.
Kaylen loves to unload the dishwasher. I have all of the kids' dishes in low drawers, so she is able to put all of those away. (I love how she's standing on her tip toes in this picture.)
Logan helped pick up a couple of things. He also vacuumed and unloaded the dishwasher. Logan helped to make Purple's bed and take out the garbage.
In the middle of all this cleaning, we went to the church to decorate the Primary bulletin board. Spencer balanced on one foot and helped me. During all this, Lindsey pretended to teach Primary while Kaylen and Logan made a train out of all the chairs in the Primary room. I also went visiting teaching to two women. I also drove to the car repair shop 3 times to help my parents with their cars. It was a busy day. It was good to be able to relax at dinner with Purple and Ryan.
1 comment:
Ok, if that day right there does not describe a "super mom" perfectly I don't know what does! Kim, you're seriously such a wonderful example to me. Your kids must be so proud to have such a great mother!
Post a Comment