Today at Spencer's school (I'm calling it that for lack of a better word for summer learning activity that takes place at a school) it was Crazy Hair Day. The class decided to make all Thursdays Crazy Hair Day.
Spencer and Logan like to style their hair, so experienced Spencer decided make his hair into a mohawk. It stayed all day. On the way home, though he decided that he was going to lay it down because he didn't like it.
ANOTHER CRAZY
On Wednesday I took Kaylen for further speech testing. Two people evaluated her. It took 2 hours. They decided that Kaylen is above her age at all levels - social, language, and other physical areas. They did, however, determine that there is a problem with her speech intelligibility. They want to place her in a special ed preschool class that starts in August. She will work with a speech therapist.
This is not new to me at all. All of my other kids have done this. I was just a little surprised to find this out about Kaylen. I didn't have any concerns. I was just taking her in to "make sure" she was ok because of our history of speech problems. She speaks far more than Logan did and I can understand her fully. It's kind of crazy to think that my 2 1/2 year old will ride on a little yellow bus by herself. When Logan did I cried everyday for the first week. I'll have to buy a box of tissues to have by the front door for those first few weeks.
1 comment:
I'm sorry that Kaylen has to go to Special Ed preschool. I know how tough it is to send your little one on the bus. I didn't do well when Ang left either. I found comfort in knowing that Spencer was looking out for my sweet little girl who was way to young to be in pre-school. Maybe Kaylen will find someone to look after her. You such a great mom to go through those evaluations for your kids. It's evident that you want the best for them, even sending off to school so young. I've done it only once and I truly admire you for it.
Post a Comment