Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two Years Ago - Venice

Two years ago Eric and I were able to go on a wonderful vacation to Europe. It was our first trip overseas. Eric had qualified for the highest rewards conference for work the previous year. Golden Eagle was to be held in Rome, Italy. For Christmas (in 2005) we were in Ohio. On New Years Eve, while we were in Ohio at his grandparents' house, he texted me that we were going to Rome! I screamed and ran through their house to him. It was so awesome.
There were 3 other people from Eric's office who also qualified. We decided that we would all go early (before the conference was scheduled). We found a cruise line with a Mediterranean Cruise that departed a week before the conference and returned the day the conference started. We booked it. The cruise departed from Venice. The ports of call were Bari, Italy; Katakalon, Greece; Ismir, Turkey; Istanbul, Turkey; and Dubrovnik, Croatia.
We flew (during the night) and arrived in Venice at 8:00 in the morning. We had both taken sleeping pills, so we were pretty groggy during that first day in Italy. I really don't remember too much, but I've got pictures!

We had few hours before the cruise left, so we booked a private tour. We visited 3 different islands around Venice on a water taxi. One was Murano, which is know for its glass making. We watched some glass makers. They tried to talk us into purchasing an item. Most were very costly, so I ended up with a bracelet an a Christmas ornament.

On another island, we watched a wedding part walk by us. They looked so happy!






After our tour, we went to the cruise ship. Eric had reserved a suite with a balcony. He also ordered a dozen roses in a French vase.

No comments: