Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Height

Yesterday I took Lindsey to the doctor for her 11-year old well check-up. The doctor told me something I found interesting. He projected her adult height to be 5'4" of 5'5". This is very odd to me, considering I'm 5'11". Lindsey falls right in the 50th percentile for height, so that would be an average height. Everyone on my side of the family is tall. My grandpas were both tall, at least 6'6". My brother is tall, and my sister is slightly taller than me. So for the doctor to tell me that Lindsey is going to be "short" was surprising to me. I guess it makes sense, especially considering that Eric is the tallest in his family. The doctor did say that if Lindsey starts puberty late, that could give her another inch or two, but definitely not 4 or 5 inches. Lindsey was relieved to hear that she wouldn't be as tall as me. She said she definitely doesn't want to be tall.
Poor Lindsey also had to get 3 immunizations. She was so tough during it. I could tell she wanted to cry, but she was a big girl! This morning when she woke up she told me how sore her arms are. I hope the tylenol I gave her helps.
I took a picture of her at the doctor's office, but I'm sure Lindsey would be pretty mad if I posted it. She's in a paper gown.

1 comment:

White Family said...

Way to go Lindsey for being brave! Shots are the worst. I'm 5'4" and I've always liked it because then I can always wear heels,wedges, or espadrilles without looking gigantic. She'll still be beautiful at whatever height she ends up at. All your kids are adorable!