Sunday, November 30, 2008

What a week!

Well I can say that I am completely exhausted and am not sure if I'm ready for a new week or even a new holiday month to begin. Tyler's Eagle Project is in full swing now, so we've been really busy.

WARNING: This post contains boring, trivial aspects of my life during the past week.

On Monday it rained. This was probably the highlight of my week! I love the rain. It was so fun to have to wear a jacket and carry an umbrella. Kaylen insisted on her Hello Kitty umbrella while we went to the rec center. Eric was still in Ohio, so I was alone with the kids. Such joy!

On Tuesday I went to institute. It was quite sad because I wasn't able to concentrate because all the things that needed to get done for Tyler's project kept dancing around in my head.

I took Kaylen to the library on Wednesday. It was slightly rainy, enough for me to get in trouble for dropping Logan off at the park with a broken umbrella and without a jacket while Eric lined the fields for Turkey Bowl.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. My parents, grandma, Shelly's family, and the Bairds came over for lunch. Things weren't too stressful because we split up the responsibilities fairly evenly. We even ate within 15 minutes of the planned time (usually it's at least an hour later than we plan). We had a test run of Tyler's Eagle Project. The cousins were all at our house, so it was fun to have them join in the fun.

Black Friday. I was a participant, waking up at 4:40 to hit Walmart. My major goal was a Cabbage Patch Kid for Kaylen. I got it, along with many other things. Eric went with me to Target, and about 5 other stores after that. We spent the ENTIRE afternoon setting up for the grand opening of Tyler's project. Things went smoothly, with Santa even coming. I also got a surprise visit from a very good friend, Jocelyn. I loved seeing her, and catching up in the few and only non-chaotic moments of the day.

Saturday I actually got to sleep in. I started putting up Christmas decorations. I worked on that off and on throughout the day in between laundry and cleaning.

Sunday. I hoped for a nap, but Eric insisted that I stay awake during scripture study, so that idea never happened. I worked a little bit more on the inside Christmas decorations. I've got two and a half trees up. I'm hoping that we'll be able to decorate our family tree tomorrow as a family.

No comments: