Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Things I'm thankful for these past two weeks include:

1. Laughter. My kids have been totally acting up lately. The only way I can cope with it is by laughter (since I can't run away). I have a friend who comes over and does the funniest things that pull me out of my want-to-hide-in-my-room mood and makes things all better.

2. The Election is over. I'm not thrilled with some of the results, but at least the pre-recorded messages, tv commercials, signs, and junk mail will end.

3. Weekend plans. Time Out for Couples is coming here. I'm dragging Eric to it (I don't know if he wants to go or not, but I bought tickets). We're actually going to stay downtown overnight. Thanks Shelly and Ed!

4. Cool weather. I can wear jeans without feeling like I'm melting. My kids are now saying that they were cold during the night - it was 71 degrees last night.

5. Pilates "experience." I am no longer a newbie in my class! I can get through the entire class without having to stop or take a break. I realized this when I saw a newcomer have to stop and rest before she could continue. I don't do that anymore.

6. Ability to understand. There were issues with my side of the family during the week. Feelings were hurt. Things were said/emailed that shouldn't have been. However, through it all, I was able to communicate with my siblings. Things were explained better, and I was able to understand things from their points of view. I am incredibly thankful for being blessed to "see the other side" of things in this instance because (I hope) that things are worked out and hurt feelings are mended. (if that makes sense)

7. Golden Ticket. I've got a Golden Ticket, but unfortunately it's a Secret Golden Ticket and I will share details November 20. Very exciting, though.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I'm excited about going to Time Out too. Maybe we will see you there. It's nice that you and Eric are staying in Phoenix. Now our husbands will get a tiny bit of what we experienced at Women's Conference - a really little bit. It will the longest date I've been on.

White Family said...

We'll have to find out more about Time out, we would love to go to it. I've heard it's wonderful. I'm really excited and curious to find out what this golden ticket is hmmm...