On Thursday Eric and I went to Ohio for Eric's brother's graduation. I found a girl in the ward who watched the kids. Thursday was spent travelling. It always seems that when I fly east, my day disappears. We got to Eric's grandparents' house and then went to dinner. After dinner we went back to their house and hung out. We talked with John, Eric's brother, about his degree and what his projects have been. He is a lab rat, working in pharmacology and toxicology. It was quite interesting learning about what he's been working on. He has been able to re-create the 1917 (I think) influenza virus. We then laughed about all the silly tv shows out there, mainly the ones on TLC (love those little people and the 8 kids!).
On Friday I had a relaxing morning. I went for a walk to take pictures, but it was quite short since it was SO cold. We went out to lunch at Steak n' Shake (we always eat there at least once when we go to OH). We spent the afternoon shopping.
On Friday I had a relaxing morning. I went for a walk to take pictures, but it was quite short since it was SO cold. We went out to lunch at Steak n' Shake (we always eat there at least once when we go to OH). We spent the afternoon shopping.
On Saturday, we went to Dayton for John's graduation from Wright State University with his Master's Degree. We went out to lunch at Applebee's (I had their tomato basil soup and oriental chicken salad - so yummy. I'm making it for dinner tonight.) We also got to watch the OSU and Michigan game. Go Bucks!!
After we got back from Dayton, we went to the mall and did more shopping, not finding too much. Santa was there though. We went out to dinner with all the family who lives in Ohio - crazy, but fun.
Sunday morning I headed to the airport and home. If I end up sick it's because some sicky lady sat by me. How disgusting seeing her snot rags filling up an entire bag.
It's tough to be back to reality after taking it easy, eating out and shopping. Eric got to stay extra, he comes home on Tuesday. It was a great break. It was, however freaking cold!! I got to see some leftover fall leaves and snow. Thanks G & G for having us again.
No comments:
Post a Comment