Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Golden Ticket

The date finally arrived! It seemed like it took forever for November 19th to roll around. We were invited to see the premiere of Twilight here in the valley via a golden ticket. (We know the Meyers from a ward we both used to be in and have kept in touch.) We took Lindsey and Spencer with us. Kaylen and Logan were invited, but we let them stay home.
The dress was black tie. The red carpet was rolled out. We were given gift cards for food at the theater. At the end of the movie we were given posters and autographed bookplates.
I loved the movie. Some characters weren't quite what I pictured when I originally read the book, but they worked out and seemed perfect in the end (I'm still not sure about Jacob, though). I won't write more because I don't want any spoilers coming from me. It was a fun evening. Thanks Stephenie and Pancho!

4 comments:

Ball Family said...

That's very cool! Sounds like a fun night. We're looking forward to seeing it over here.

Tami said...

WOW! What a great good ticket. It sounds like you had a great night. I'm going tomorrow night with some friends.

The Tiffany's said...

LUCKY! My SIL got to go to the premier also. Tyler and I just saw it today and I LOvED it! Personally, I don't know how anyone could NOT love it... I'm intoxicated by it :0)

White Family said...

This was the "Golden Ticket"!!! I am so jealous! I STILL haven't been able to make it to go see the movie yet, hopefully this weekend. That is just too cool!