Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Takin' it Easy

This morning I woke up and didn't want to do too much. Eric wasn't at home, so I got the kids ready and to school alone. This, in turn, made me late for my exercise class. So I opted to skip it. I also decided to skip storytime at the library. Every weekday morning I have something scheduled, so I feel like I'm constantly running. I took today off. I worked on a Christmas project all morning. Kaylen watched Diego and colored by me. The coloring resulted in Kaylen having marker on most body parts and her pajama shirt.
I didn't shower until it was 8 minutes before I needed to pick the kids up from school. Kaylen remained in her pajama shirt all day. I also did something that I swore I'd never do as a mom. I let Kaylen run around outside without only a shirt and underwear on (she did have shoes, at least). I didn't realize she was doing it until she had already done it. It didn't seem to harm anything, so I let her continue. Maybe someone driving by got a laugh from it. It was just one of those days where I wanted to take it easy and I didn't really care how Kaylen or me were dressed. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to hop back on the crazy schedule yet. I'm not sure what I'll decide to do tomorrow.




3 comments:

The Tiffany's said...

Gotta love those days off to just enjoy being a mom :0)

thepyles7 said...

I think we all end up doing things that we thought we would never let our kids do.She sure looks like she had a great time and now you have great picture to show her when she is older.

Blackham Family said...

We all have those days or weeks sometimes