Monday, September 1, 2008

Week In Review

This past week was an average week. Nothing excitingly fantastic happened with pictures blog-worthy, but I wanted to make a few notes of what I did this past week.
Monday
I went to my pilates class and loved it.
Eric usually plays football on Monday night, but the season ended last week (with his team in 2nd place), so he had a week off. We attempted to have family home evening, but between Spencer's tantrums and my grumpiness, we had little success. As a result, Eric worked with Lindsey on her Faith in God requirements.
Tuesday
Just after dinner time, I went visiting teaching, which was quite a nice change of pace for the day. After VT, I went home to pick up the family to go to Spencer's Cub Scout Pack Meeting. I had to laugh at Eric's attempt to get Kaylen ready - she was in a dress-up skirt, with dinner on her face, and her hair unbrushed. At least he had her change out of her tutu.
At Pack Meeting, Spencer was presented with 3 silver arrow points for his wolf rank (he's now a bear). He also had earned his swimming, football, marbles, archery, and bb belt loops. Most of those had been earned at Day Camp in June.
We had a huge thunderstorm that night, resulting with kids sleeping in my room.
Wednesday
After my Pilates class, I spent too much time at Kohl's. I found some clothes for me and Kaylen. I also bought a carpet cleaner. I spent the afternoon cleaning the ground floor carpet and rugs. Eric and I went out to dinner (our date night).
Thursday
I spent Thursday cleaning the upstairs carpet. I was only going to do the boys' rooms, but got carried away and did the whole floor. In between filling up the cleaning solution, I cleaned out our 2nd freezer. An iceberg grew in the bottom of the freezer where I couldn't get items out because they had become frozen and stuck in the freezer.
We had an awesome thunderstorm this night. I was over at a friend's house, with a group of women. We saw the storm come, but as we went to get in our cars, we started out, then went right back into the house. It was scary outside. The rain was pouring down. Lightning was all around us, flashing like a strobe light. The thunder was constant, sounding like a never-landing jet plane. I have never seen or heard anything like that before. We finally got the nerve up to get to our cars. I made it home, taking 3 times longer that normal. I got home to Eric, totally oblivious to the storm around us (he was playing Guitar Hero). I tried to take pictures of the lightning, but my stupid battery died.
Friday
I took Kaylen to the library. She enjoyed playing with the puppets there. She got frustrated with the computer. Eric and I went shopping for his camping trip. I spent the afternoon cleaning. Eric's mom came to town and is staying with us now.
Eric left for his hiking/camping trip. He tries to do this trip every year. He goes to West Clear Creek, hikes down through the canyon, and back up. There have been complications in the past, all of which were very minor to Eric, but totally scary to me, especially when I have had to call the Forest Service and tell them that my hubby is lost.
The kids and I went to dinner with Eric's mom. I had to take Logan out twice, he was a total brat!
Just before I went to bed, I checked the weather for Eric's camping area. There was a severe thunderstorm warning for the area he was in!
Saturday
Spencer and I made buckeyes today -such a long process! Around lunch time I got a text from Eric. They hadn't been able to go on the hike (appropriately name the "Suicide Hike"). The other guy who went with him, got his truck stuck in the mud and killed his transmission trying to get it unstuck. Eric used his Jeep to pull it out, and they had to tow it back in to town and wait for a friend tow it back home. They spent time 4-wheeling while waiting for the friend. They all had a blast. I was relieved to find out that Eric was safe. In fact, the weather had been perfect.
I cut the boys' hair. Kaylen wanted her hair cut. I don't have any professional training in haircutting, I just pretend I know how to do it and it turns out looking ok. I started to cut Kaylen's hair. I called my mom half-way through, asking her if she knew how to cut hair; I felt like I was in over my head. She didn't know, so I continued. It turned out good, considering I have no experience. I ended up cutting 2.5 inches off her hair.
Sunday
Church.
I spent the afternoon fixing a turkey dinner. We had my parents over, Eric's mom, and a family from the ward. Now we have some great leftovers. We played Settlers of Catan after we ate. Spencer beat all of us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim

We have decided to go private. If you want to be invited to view our blog just leave me your email at tabmelis@gmail.com. Thanks.

Tami said...

I love that Wednesday night is your date night. No scouts = date night on Wednesdays.