Aluminum foil + glue + yarn + paint markers =
50 minutes of quiet, non-fighting kids!!!
Earlier in the week I bought an art book at Sam's Club. After piano lessons today, there was an extra hour before Eric and I went out. I flipped through the book and found a craft to make. We made designs with the glue on a piece of alumium foil and then placed yarn on top of the glue. After it dried slightly, we began to paint the gaps to create a work of art. The kids seemed to really enjoy doing something different. An interesting observation I made, was that as long as I was sitting at the table, interested and involved in their work, they enjoyed it. When I got up to clean up, they instantly were done (Logan was bored, he said). It was nice to do a different activity that the kids enjoyed and that kept them happy and non-fighting. I'll have to try it again sometime. The book has already been worth the purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment