Monday, September 8, 2008

What's Cooking at the Museum?

On Kaylen's birthday, I wanted to do something special with her. We went to a "museum for youth." One of their rotating displays is "Table Manners." There was artwork on display, including silverware from different places. There were art activities to participate in. The first activity we did was play at the sushi table. There was a low table that had fake sushi and chopsticks. Kaylen got frustrated with the chopsticks; I actually was able to use them. Maybe I'll have to try them when we go to my fave Japanese restaurant.



There was a child-sized kitchen (one of 3 throughout the museum). Kaylen and I fixed different foods to "munch on." She didn't quite get the (imaginary) lime jello I made.


There's a special play area for kids under 5. Kaylen liked going down the slide in that area. We also played with play-doh. There was a reading area, where Kaylen didn't want to play at all - she knew there were better toys.


No comments: