A couple of months ago while flossing Logan's teeth, I noticed his middle, bottom tooth was crooked. I felt it and it wasn't firmly in place. I started to worry - why would his tooth be wiggly? Is it because he sucks on his fingers still? Did he get bumped at school? It finally dawned on me that it's time for his baby tooth to come out! For some reason,I had forgotten about baby teeth falling out.
We have gradually wiggled it, but that didn't get us too far. Last week I noticed that his permanent tooth beneath the wiggly one was coming in. I've had to pay too much money for the dentist to pull out Lindsey's teeth when they've been in a similar situations. So, I decided I was going to pull it out. I've tried for the last few days, but I've been too worried about hurting Logan, so I didn't take it too seriously and was gentle.
Last night while flossing, his loose tooth was perpendicular to his gums. Spencer ate his first two baby teeth when they fell out because he wouldn't let me touch or pull them out. I decided Logan didn't need any enamel in his diet, so after numbing the tooth area with a popsicle, I pulled the tooth out. I think I was more excited than Logan. That was the first tooth of my kids' that I've pulled out. Logan ate the rest of his (gross) bloody popsicle and made some phone calls to Dad and Grandma.
The tooth fairy visited and left him $5 along with a note that he could keep his tooth because she was running out of storage space. Logan was so excited in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment