I've been wanting to go camping, so we finally found a day that would work for us and planned on going. On Thursday, Kaylen had a 104 fever. When she woke up on Friday, she was fine. We went grocery shopping and started packing for the trip. We went to lunch with Eric and Purple (Eric's mom). At lunch, Kaylen fell asleep when I held her. When we got home, she started being fussy. She also had a 102 fever. We tried to figure out what Kaylen was up to. We could tell that she wanted to go camping, but just didn't feel like it. I laid her down for her nap, which ended up being 4 hours long. We decided that we wouldn't go camping, and that we would have a family weekend.
We started our "fun" with a scavenger hunt, with the treasure being a trip to Sonic. We also caught up on some scripture reading. We then went out to dinner (sure beats what we would have cooked camping!).
The "family" part of the weekend was non-existent from then on. Lindsey slept over at a friend's house and was gone until about 5:00 pm on Saturday. Spencer went to a friend's house for a couple of hours,and then to a birthday party. Logan had a friend over for about 4 hours. So our family weekend ended up being a time when the kids had great fun with their friends. Eric and I caught up on things around the house - organizing the game cabinets, the laundry room, mopping the floor, and making cinnamon rolls. We're hoping to attempt another camping trip, but now as it's getting cooler, I'm afraid we'll be too cold (we went to Payson last October and froze). We'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment