
Things I am thankful for this week include:
1. Feeling better. I was sick last week with a cold, but it really knocked me out. I missed church on Sunday. I was pretty much out of it Monday and Tuesday. It's good to be feeling better and back to my regular activities.
2. Family Fun Van. This is an activity sponsored by the United Way that Kaylen and I go to weekly. It provides me with a great opportunity to spend one-on-one time with Kaylen. We play together, listen to stories and songs, and make a craft together. Today was all about dinosaurs. We made a cute little dinosaur out of a toilet paper roll. Kaylen is great at dinosaur sound effects.
3. Nice people. Two people called early this morning when they heard Eric's name on the radio. He had entered a contest and his name was announced. He had 20 minutes to call in to receive the prize. Two listeners heard his name, looked up our phone number, and called us. Eric won some money from a radio station. Pretty cool. I didn't think anyone ever won those contests.
4. Dates. Eric and I have been able to go on dates consistently every week. We're planning on going out tomorrow. Knowing this, definitely gets me through the day and helps me make it to the weekend.
5. Flu shots. After I pick the kids up from school, I'm taking them to their doctor for flu shots. I've made a deal with the kids that whenever they get a shot, I buy them Jamba Juice. The kids don't know they're getting shots today, but we'll all end up with Jamba Juice! Any reason to get Jamba is fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment