Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy October!


It's October. Sometime it will cool off. Sometime the leaves will fall from the trees. Sometime we'll have fall apples to eat. Sometime we'll go bobbing for apples. Sometime we'll go on a hayride.
Living where I live, these things might not happen in October. I think that is the biggest thing I miss about living here - experiencing fall. Autumn/Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. It can be so pretty with wonderful weather. I'm just not living in the right place to experience the coolness of Autumn.
Kaylen is noticing the Halloween decorations at the stores. At Sam's, we'll have to walk down the backside of the Halloween aisle. She wants to see the Halloween decorations, but wants to avoid the faces of the scary stuff. She can handle the backsides of the ghosts, which she declares, "I do not like ghostses."
Kaylen says, at least 3 times a day, "Halloween is coming up at my house." Yesterday she added a slight variation, and said, "Halloween is coming up at Jeremy's, Rhonda's, and Hannah's houses."
For now, I'll just have to settle with setting out a few pumpkins, hanging my fall wreath, and lighting a cinnamon apple candle.

3 comments:

Tami said...

I love the colors - rust orange, rust red. I remember going to SLC a few years ago in the fall. What pretty fall colors in the trees and on the ground.

rachael marie said...

I agree that one of the biggest downsides to living in Arizona is that you don't get to experience the 4 seasons. You just have hot, hotter and hottest. haha. That is such a pretty wreath on your door!

The Tiffany's said...

I love your wreath! I can't wait to live somewhere that has all 4 seasons :0)