Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sedona

On Saturday we drove to Sedona to go hiking.

Our first stop was at Bell Rock. We started hiking. Everyone except for Eric and Spencer, needed to stop and rest. We found a shady spot and rested. Logan built a campfire for us. Eric and Spencer wanted to continue hiking, so they did. They ended up hiking up this mountain/rock. If you look at the picture below, on the left side, there's a part that sticks out and is fairly level (about halfway up the mountain). Eric and Spencer hiked up to that point. I'm sure if I would have realized how dangerous (cliffs, narrow paths) it was, I wouldn't have allowed them to go.

Kaylen called this our "pink hike" (the mountains were orange/pink). While hiking, Kaylen wanted to be carried. I told her I couldn't, so she turned to Lindsey and said, "Lindsey, Mom says to carry me."



After our hike, we drove to a picnic area which was consisted of picnic tables in the sun. We opted for eating our lunch in the air conditioned car.

We drove to another area that I love to hike at, West Fork. Unfortunately, the parking lot was full, so we were unable to do that hike. We drove a little more up the canyon and found a spot to park. We hiked down to Oak Creek where we crossed the creek and hung out. Since all of us ended up with wet shoes, Eric and Spencer built a better dam to walk back across. I was hoping to have beautiful fall colors pictures to post, but we were too early. There were a few trees that had started changing, but nothing like I had hoped for.






1 comment:

thepyles7 said...

It sounds like you are having lots of fall fun too!I love Sedona! It is so beautiful there.