Friday, July 18, 2008

Utah


There are certain things I love about Utah. Some I've realized from my last trip, others have been favorites for a while.


  • Pioneer heritage (my ancestors are some of the original pioneers)
  • Weather - 4 seasons
  • Unique food - fry sauce, cream soda, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, Redmond salt, raisin-filled cookies
  • Small towns
  • Beautiful green fields with mountains as the backdrop
  • Road "names" - it's hard to get lost
  • 5 & 10 in Salina
  • Fireworks stands
  • Tempe Square
  • Parades
  • Gardens
  • Flowers

3 comments:

White Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I would have to completely agree about the unique foods in Utah and (Idaho for that matter). Don't even get me started on fry sauce, Kyle would always joke around with me and say "want some fries with your fry sauce?" I so wich they had some here, especially now that I'm super craving it!

thepyles7 said...

It looks like you had a fun yet very busy trip.Now you need to rest up for a few days before you head to Ohio.

Tami said...

I'm glad that you had so much fun in Utah and that you made it back safely. I love Utah, mostly because I have so many childhood memories. I miss the mountains being so close, going camping was only 30 min. away. I miss the four seasons instead of just two - hot and okay. I think that Neilsen's has fry sauce with your french fries - I'm not to fond of that Utah delight. But I like the BYU Brownies.