Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 11: Cedar City - Home

July 16

It was time to go home. I was able to snap this quick picture with my grandma and my mom (who's right side of her face is bruised from falling on the sidewalk. She also split open her head and had to have it glued together.).

Grandma's front yard is surrounded by roses. Here's one of them.



I thought we'd go a different way home. My map showed it went through just fine. However, it failed to mention that we'd be charged for driving through a national park. I refused to pay $25 to drive through. I told the park ranger that was "freakin' ridiculous." So we did a slight detour and backtracked to a different road. We finally made it home around 8:30. I hate the heat!

2 comments:

thepyles7 said...

I sure hope that your Mom is ok.

The Tiffany's said...

I've driven through that park before. It is really pretty and good for a hike and lots of pics in the spring or fall but not the summer! I wouldn't do it more than once though. I agree - $25 just to drive through it is a bit excessive!