Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 2: Hurricane - Snowbird


July 7


After eating our breakfast at the hotel (and discovering that all the food from the cooler that got put in the fridge was not cold and ruined), we packed up and headed for Cedar City. Grandma didn't know my mom or I was coming, so we surprised her at the church where she does name extractions for the genealogy program. She took us on a tour and introduced us to many people. She is definitely keeping busy with the name extraction program. I left my mom at my grandma's house and headed north.


When I drove through Cedar City, I noticed an Arctic Circle (FRY SAUCE). I went back there and got our lunch. About 15 minutes into driving, Logan puked. All the kids get car sick and I didn't give the Dramamine soon enough. We drove for a while, stopping once to rinse out the puke cups. Along the way, I saw gas for $4.49/gallon. My tank was nearing empty, so I was relieved to make it to Provo without running out of gas or having to pay those high prices. I ended up paying $3.91/gallon.


I wanted to show the kids around BYU, but I didn't have enough patience, so we just went to the Creamery. Logan was finally feeling better, so I got him a sandwich. We all ate some of the yummy ice cream. I also picked up some BYU brownies.



We drove on up to Snowbird. I hate mountain roads! We stayed in a very nice condo in beautiful surroundings. The grocery store was closed, and I didn't want to pay $6 for kids meals, so we ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. After dinner, the kids enjoyed the hot tub on our balcony.

1 comment:

White Family said...

The view looks gorgeous. Is that snow still on the mountains? Oh, how nice. It must've been beautiful weather also. I too, love the BYU creamery, yum!