Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Days 4 & 5: Snowbird

July 9
The kids slept in until about 9:30; they were exhausted from the previous days' activities.
We ate breakfast and then walked around Snowbird. We found a playground where the kids played. While Kaylen was climbing on the equipment, she stated, "I'm doing good." We went to a craft activity where the kids made string art. Walking back from the craft area, we saw a huge black moose.

We ate lunch in the condo. Kaylen took a nap while Eric took the other kids on a treasure hunt. After naps (Logan and Eric took one too), we did some of the activities around the resort. There was an alpine slide that everyone did but me. Kaylen, Logan, and Spencer played on inflatables. Lindsey did the bungee trampoline (but was afraid to do any flips).




We went to the Temple Quarry where the granite for the Salt Lake Temple and the State Capitol was quarried from. We ended the night by soaking in the hot tub on our balcony.







July 10
We had a restless night's sleep because Lindsey was sick during the night. She threw up quite a bit. I think Lindsey had altitude sickness (8100' is quite higher than where we live). I felt bad dragging her out to take Eric back to downtown for his meetings. It was a calm (boring) day. We spent the day at the condo, inside for the most part. Lindsey wasn't up to doing anything. We watched a couple of movies and played a couple of games. The kids painted also. I got the laundry caught up. It was an uneventful day.

1 comment:

White Family said...

Ah, I love alpine slides. I've only been on one once and I was scared out of my mind but they are really so much fun (afterward, when I finally figured out how to work the thing)