After getting all the way out of the canyon, I realized that I had forgotten coupons for Lagoon and had to turn around. This made me late to pick up Eric from the airport. He has a convention in Salt Lake on Thursday and Friday, so he flew in early to go to Lagoon with us. I picked him up and we drove to Lagoon.
I had gone to Lagoon a few times as a child, and as I walked in, the familiarity of Lagoon returned.
I'm not as brave as I used to be and didn't go on any upside down rides. I did go on Spider, a newer ride. Two people sit in one row, with two people sitting behind them, with their backs touching. While this "car" goes on a crazy track, it spins around. It was pretty fun. The kids all seemed to chicken out with the big rides. Spencer was waiting in line with me to ride this and started crying because he didn't want to go on it. Lindsey would go on rides, only if we bribed her. Kaylen and Logan loved the little kiddie area. They went on most of the rides three times. Towards the end of the day, we discoved some waterslide ride (not part of Lagoona Beach) where you sit on a raft and go down a blue or black tube. Everyone talked me into going on it with Logan. I got soaked!
When Lindsey walked past one of the games, someone had just won two bears and didn't want one, so he gave it to Lindsey. Kaylen thought this was hers, and Lindsey wasn't about to give it up, so Eric had to win a stuffed animal for her. This wasn't fair to the boys, so Eric won more lovely stuffed animals for them too. Kaylen was so happy to have this huge turtle and tiny Care Bear. She played with it on the following days during the trip.
The last ride the kids went on were the bumper cars. Kaylen was fun to watch - she spun around in circles because she didn't push the gas pedal. We stayed past the closing time. We then had to drag the kids into Walmart to get food for the next two days' meals at the condo. It's not fun taking kids to Walmart at 11:30 at night.
1 comment:
I've neverr been to lagoon, but I've heard it's so fun. Our realtor swears that it's better than Disneyland. Much lower prices, tons of rides, and no insanely long lines. I can tell you what we're doing next time we're in Utah. Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment