Friday, October 29, 2010

Trunk-Or-Treat

Our ward had a trunk-or-treat on the Friday before Halloween. I have to say that it was a difficult night for me. We had thought about costumes, but I did not want to spend a lot of money on costumes that were only going to get worn once, so we scrounged up costumes. I actually bought Logan's costume, an army man, at a second hand store. He wasn't too sure about the muscles, but ended up being ok with them. Kaylen has so many dress ups, so she just chose one of those to wear. Spencer was a skater; quite easy. We had tried so hard to actually find him a costume. He wanted something bloody and disgusting, and I wouldn't go for it. Lindsey had been working all week trying to come up with matching costumes with a friend. They ended up being hobos, ripping brand new shirts and dirtying them up. I had bought a pirate costume last year for Colton, and when we went to put it on, it didn't fit. We looked through our stash of costumes and found a clown costume that worked and looked cute on him.
Things were going good (once we finally got there) until it came time for food. I had been making soup all afternoon and took it over to the party. I was trying to push a stroller, dish up Colton's food, and my food. I had dished up my soup (which had been boiling for an hour, so it was HOT) and was trying to move forward. I tipped the bowl and soup spilled all over me. I spent the night by the car with an ice cold napkin wrapped around my wrist, being in pain. There really wasn't an easy way to get out of the backyard (where it was held) with the car, and I didn't want to walk home in the dark, so i stuck it out, wishing every minute I was home. (Another post will follow with gross pictures and a few more details.) The kids had fun going around multiple times to get candy. We had such a big turn out, that I was worried the kids might get lost. I had given Eric the responsibility of Colton because I couldn't hold him or push the stroller. Well, Eric kind of slacked and Colton ended up wandering off. It was quite scary, because we were near some semi-main streets. It was an embarrassing relief when, over the microphone, it was announced that a little clown had been found.












No comments: