
Every so often I participate in Bountiful Baskets. Usually I do it when they have special offerings. This time around, it was green beans. I had just bought my pressure
canner and wanted to use it for green beans. Grandpa and Grandma B always canned green beans, and I was longing for their home-canned beans. I ordered 60 pounds of green beans (this was before I burned my wrist). I had to pick up the beans the morning after my burn, so that was kind of tricky. There was no way that I could do it all on my own, so I made the kids help me. We spread out a blanket in front of the
tv and the kids all helped to break the beans and fill the jars. We watched a few movies from
Netflix. The kids weren't too happy about spending their Saturday with green beans, but they didn't have much of a choice because I bit off more than I could handle, especially with my burn. It all ended up working out
ok, other than it taking all day and part of Monday. I was afraid that after this adventure in canning, my kids would no longer eat green beans. However, that hasn't been the case. They have been excited when we eat the beans we canned. We ended up with 80 pints of green beans.


No comments:
Post a Comment