Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We weren't able to all get to the pumpkin patch at the same time this year, so there are two different times we went. The first pumpkin patch that Kaylen, Colton, and I went to was the one at the farm we went to for Kaylen's field trip. The kids had fun in the patch. Colton would have picked up and thrown pumpkins all day if I would have let him.
I didn't buy pumpkins at the grocery store; I was hoping for a good sale, and somehow missed it. So Saturday afternoon we went to a "pumpkin patch" near our house. They had pumpkins around $8 each. We had hoped to get a pumpkin for each kid, but didn't want to spend $40 on something that would get moldy and end up in the trash. We got one big pumpkin for the boys and 5 little pumpkins for each kid. It worked out great, because we never would have had time to carve 5 big pumpkins.






No comments: