My dad could seriously be a travel agent. In fact, I think that in a previous life he was Mickey Mouse (jk) . My parents love everything Disney. When I was growing up, we would go to Disneyland once a year usually. Some years it was more than once, but it was usually our Spring Break vacation. Once the older three kids got out of the house, my parents began venturing to Disneyworld. They instantly fell in love. They have taken many trips there, just the two of them. So, it came as no surprise, when I found an email in my inbox from "Mickey and Minnie" that was inviting Eric and me, along with my siblings and their spouses, on a vacation to Disneyworld. My dad retired from the city, and decided that he wanted to celebrate Disney-style. He worked for months to plan the trip. Back in the day, he would bring out "the chalkboard" with proposed itineries for family trips. This time around, thanks to technology, we got email updates with things that were planned, and requests that we had. The time finally came for our trip. We left our children at home with Ashley and Chad, who the kids were quite excited for.
We all met at the airport. I was so excited for the trip, that at times, it felt like we were teenagers, back in Disneyland together. My dad's ideal plan was for us all to be there Sunday - Sunday, but schedules were different, and our stay ended up being Sunday - Saturday. The first day, Sunday, was spent travelling. Our flight went good. (I'm so glad I had my iphone to help pass the time on the plane ride). We stayed at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, each couple in their own studio. Because we stayed at a Disney property, we were able to take advantage of Disney's Magical Express (quite convenient). We checked in to our room, which had a lovely lake view out the window, and then headed for dinner at Olivia's, at Disney's Yacht Club. The food was good, and it was the first time I got to see the awesomeness of the Disney Dining Plan. We got a beverage (I rarely drink pop, so I chose a smoothie), an entree with sides, and dessert. There was a lot of food, that most of us took food with us back to our rooms. Some people's leftovers, became their breakfast for the next morning. The dining plan is great! It filled us up at all meals. We always got drinks (smoothies for me, milkshakes for Eric), and entree, and a huge dessert.
No comments:
Post a Comment