Friday, January 16, 2009

Snowboarding

Eric and Spencer went snowboarding/skiing yesterday, the 15th. They left at 4:00 in the morning to get to slopes when they opened and to get Spencer a place in the lessons.

Spencer ended up being the only child in the snowboarding class (usually there's 10), so he ended up getting a private lesson all day. He learned how to snowboard and had a good time. He did fall a lot. One time he fell and hit his head hard on the snow. I was worried about him being cold and getting hurt. Eric skied, and went down the slopes a couple of times with Spencer. One time Spencer came down the slope, bent over, with his butt up in the air. Eric got a video of it on his phone, and it is pretty funny.
They came home last night, earlier than expected, and had stories to tell. Both of them had gotten sunburned and had chapped lips. I love Eric's sunburn, because he wore his goggles all day, resulting in a white mask around the rest of his pink face.
This morning Spencer didn't feel good. I think he was exhausted and sore from snowboarding. He stayed home from school, putting Aquaphor on his lips and resting his sore body.
Spencer and his snowboarding instructor


1 comment:

Tami said...

WOW! What a fun trip for Spencer. He'll remember this trip for a long time. I'm sure Eric will too. It's so great to spend one on one time with each kid. It blesses both the parent and the child.