Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blessings

As I was typing my Christmas post, I started to write about my blessings. I realized I had a lot I could write about, so I'm turning it into it's own post.
My family has been so incredibly blessed this year. Some of our blessings include:
- excellent health. None of the kids got sick during the winter. This is amazing, considering all the germs passed around at school and church. There were very few sicknesses during the rest of the year. There were just a couple of ear infections, and that was about all.
- financially. Eric has worked hard at providing for us, and he has done great. It actually brings tears to my eyes to think of how hard he works to be such an excellent provider for our family. With the economy, he has had to work even harder. He did so great, that he earned the yearly trip with Penn Mutual again.
- my family. It has been nice to have my grandma closer. I know it's been very hard for my parents, but I really appreciate their work to take care of her so she can be so close to us. My kids used get to see their Utah great-grandmas once a year. That didn't provide enough time for them to build any relationships or make any memories. With grandma here, they've been able to make more memories with her, which has been a great opportunity.
Another family blessing has been the temple. My brother and his wife were able to go through the temple. They've been married 10 years, so it was very exciting.
- church. Eric and I have both been able to serve in our ward. Eric dearly loved serving in the bishopric and working with the youth; that was a great opportunity for him to be able to do that for half the year. I'm in Primary, and love watching the little kids. They bring smiles to my face.
- school. The kids all have excellent teachers and are learning so much at school.
I feel very thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me and my family so much this past year.

No comments: