Monday, January 5, 2009

Kaylen's Haircut





While I was cutting Logan's hair, Kaylen decided that she needed a haircut. She climbed up on the bar stool, got into the haircutting kit, and proceeded to cut her hair. She cut about 6" off on the side, in the front. I should have checked on her, but she was really smart and decided to do this towards the end of Logan's haircut when he was having a fit about the hair in his eyes, so
I was completely focused on finishing FAST.
I was furious. I got so mad at her. I thought that she needed to have long hair to have it look cute. I attempted to even it up. I actually didn't want to even it up, because that meant her hair would have ended up very short - between her ear and chin. I trimmed off about 4" of the rest of her hair, to help her newly cut hair blend in with what I did. It actually looks much better shorter, and not as shaggy. I hate to admit, but I am glad that she started the haircut, because I never would have. I'm still pretty mad about it. Eventually, I'll laugh about it, maybe when it all evens up.

1 comment:

Tami said...

She looks adorable. It's so frustrating when little girls cut their own hair. I love the shirt she is wearing, my Emily fits that shirt.