Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Day











We had a wonderful Christmas. We told the kids they couldn't wake us up until 7:00. They were obedient and let us sleep. I loved watching all the kids' surprised faces. Kaylen's was especially fun to watch because she totally "got" Christmas.


Lindsey's main gifts were ear piercing and fencing lessons. I wasn't going to let Lindsey get her ears pierced until she is 13, but I changed my mind and gave her that "gift." I wrapped up a box with earrings in it. She didn't quite get it because her ears weren't pierced. I had to explain it to her.

Spencer and Logan's (and Eric's) main gift was a drum set and drum lessons. I swore we'd never have drums, but I changed my mind on that one too. (What's wrong with me?)

Kaylen got a dollhouse with a bajillion pieces to it. I'm hoping that will keep her busy when I'm working on dang yearbooks.

We had a leisurely morning. The kids had time to play with their toys, which was fun to watch, before family came over. Eric's grandparents came over around lunch time. My family came over in the middle afternoon and we ate dinner together. It was nice to be together with everyone.

No comments: