We celebrated Logan's birthday this weekend. The night before, Lindsey,Spencer,and friend decorate the house and made presents for Logan. I loved to see them caring about Logan and wanting him to have a nice day.
We finished breakfast just in time for Logan's party. This was his first birthday party. I wanted him have a party, but I wanted to keep it simple (usually I plan too much and spend too much). We had 5 boys come over, which ended up to be a good amount. Eric led the boys in a couple of games, one a balloon relay, the other a game of tag with the person who's it being blindfolded.
We had cake and ice cream. Logan opened presents, which was lots of fun for him. The boys then did a treasure hunt. It was hard for the older kids to be quiet and let the boys figure out the clues on their own. It was fun to watch the boys think and figure things out, running from place to place.
A little while after the party, a friend came over and brought Logan a present. She then took the older 3 kids to her house to swim.
Logan came home to my parents waiting for him with a present.
After all these other things, Logan opened presents from Eric and me. It seemed like the whole day was filled with present opening.
Logan chose to eat at Souper Salad for dinner - it must have been the unlimited ice cream (I'm not sure why else he would choose there).
It was fun to focus on Logan the whole day. With him being stuck in the middle of the kids, I often worry that he feels like he doesn't get enough attention. I loved that we were able to celebrate him on his special day. We are blessed to have Logan in our family.
2 comments:
Hey! Happy Birthday, Logan! Yummm, Super Salad, I'd choose it too for the desert line. :) Hope you are all well!! We miss you guys. Pace is loving his schooling so far, really interests him. Thank goodness, could be a big burden if one isn't into it, you know. :) He sends his love too! I gave him our first at home haircut - turned out good, thanks to the Enrichment mid-week activity. :) Talk again soon!
happy birthday to cute logan!
Post a Comment