Spencer got an Erector Building Set for his birthday. When Grandpa saw him open it, he said, "I had one of those as a kid." I made a mental note of that.
A few days later...
I found a small helicopter set on clearance and bought it for Logan. I wanted to do something fun on the last day of summer, so I sat down with Logan to build it. Two hours later, I finished. Logan lasted about 15 minutes, then his 5-year-old attention span kicked in and he found something else to do.
So when Spencer brought out his birthday gift when Grandpa was at our house, it was perfect! Spencer's project was bigger than Logan's and I didn't even want to attempt it. My dad is a very patient guy, so bless his heart, he started the project. It took a couple of hours, but he hung in there and finished the dang project. What an awesome grandpa!
Note to self: Do not buy any more Erector building sets.
1 comment:
Hi Kim,
What a fun, busy summer you guys have had.
I agree with your comment about the erector sets. Been there, done that! You almost need an engineering degree to complete them!
Post a Comment