Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Survived!!

Yay! I am SO excited. I completed 2 sessions of boot camp!!!
When I was first contemplating boot camp, I wanted to do it, but was just too afraid to. I didn't think I could. Then Eric voiced his thoughts over the matter (that he too thought I couldn't do it), so I immediately registered for it. It was a fun thing to do. EVERY day, I was sore, sometimes for days after the workout, and over the weekend. It always amazed me how the instructor, Joan, found so many different ways to torture us. I do, however, have to say, that I greatly improved my arms. They are toned, and I have bicep bumps!
I think the thing that got me through class (besides the clock) was what Joan would say. I could go through class with a smile on my face because of her comments. I decided that I would note some of them on my phone right after class, and then I would share them once I completed the class. The following things are from Joan's mouth (warning: she did curse so I "censored" them):
"That was insane!... We're going to do it again."
"Chris (when Joan thought my name was Chris), you're going to work off that weekend!"
After completing a set, starting into another set: "You knew it was coming."
To me: "You're looking really lean."
"If it hurts like h**, you're doing it right."
At the beginning of class: "I'm going to kick your a**!"
"I promise, it really hurts me too."
"Do you wish you hadn't come?"
"Don't think we're not going to do it again."
"This is going to hurt like h** tomorrow."
"Look at how skinny you are Kim. Your legs!" - my favorite comment!!
It was a good experience and I would love to do it again, but now it's a babysitting issue. It was so nice to have Lindsey and Spencer watch the kids so I could complete one thing on my mental bucket list.

No comments: