
When Eric and I were first married, we went to Ohio every winter. We finally realized that there's a little more to do in the summertime, so we've changed our visits to the summer. Not only is it so pretty (I love the greenery), but I have now realized that summertime is also farmers markets time! I love fresh veggies and fruits. This year we went when the raspberries, corn, and some peaches were ripe. When I learned of a farm where we could pick our own berries, I immediately planned on going there. I couldn't talk Eric into picking berries, not that I thought he would, he won't even touch berries in a plastic package! I took Logan, Spencer,
Kaylen, and
Colton to pick raspberries. We had such a fun time. The heat and humidity was a little bad, but the scenery and the raspberries made up for it. Each of us got our own wooden container to put our berries in. We could eat as many as we wanted while we picked. Spencer was determined to fill his basket up. As he would move around to the different bushes, I would hear hilarious comments from him. One time he exclaimed, "Jackpot!" when he found a bush loaded with berries. We ended up with 3 containers of berries for $10. It was a great deal. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to take
Kaylen's basket from her before we drove back to G & G's, because on the way home, she managed to take a handful of berries and squish them in her hand, resulting in white shorts with red polka dots!



No comments:
Post a Comment