It's been 2 weeks since we've been home from our trip, and I have not blogged about any of our marvelous happenings. Below I've described some of the highlights of the past week.
Neighbor Problems
The night we came home from our trip, the kids were playing outside. Our nasty neighbor behind us was also out. Logan was throwing dirt clods against the fence and watching them break. One ended up going over the fence into Baldy's yard. He immediately ran over to the fence and started cussing out the kids. I came out (I had been sitting just on the other side of the patio doors, watching Logan) and he started cussing me out, calling me all kinds of delightful names. He then picked up a dirt clod and threw it at me. Eric came out, and started yelling at Baldy too.
We both called the police. The police didn't do anything, except for suggesting an order of protection against harassment. The following morning, I went to the court and obtained the injunction. Now the neighbor isn't allowed to have any contact with me or the kids.
Jump Start
Lindsey will be starting junior high in just a few weeks. The school has a program named "Jump Start." Lindsey participated in the 2-week program and was introduced to the school, the classes, and some teachers. It was fun for her to get a sneak-peak of junior high.
Drum Lessons
The boys have been taking drum lessons since Christmas. Their lessons have been in the evenings until the summer. I've been taking them during the day to their lessons.
Ikea
We've been to Ikea twice in the last two weeks. Lindsey wanted a new bed and Eric wanted a desk. We went the first week and bought those, along with a chair which ended up being red (Spencer wrote down the numbers and didn't notice the color). I didn't want a red chair in my bedroom, so we had to make another trip back and buy a different chair. I have now renamed Spencer "Bob the Builder" because he put together everything, with Lindsey helping with the bed. It was pretty cool that he did it, for the most part, on his own.
Cleaning Projects
I'm in the nesting phase, where I want everything to be cleaned out and organized. We've been gradually cleaning out closets, cupboards, and other areas. I've made 3 trips to DI so far to get rid of the old stuff. There's still lots more areas listed that I want to get clean, but I'm getting pretty tired of cleaning, so we'll see how much gets done now.
No comments:
Post a Comment