Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Kaylen drew this picture. The figure in the middle is the baby.




The pregnancy is going good. I'm not feeling too horrible yet. I feel huge, though. I am ready to have the baby. I've reached the point where I'm done being pregnant. When we came back from the trip, I had taken a week off of walking and took another week off. When I started walking again (on the treadmill - it's way too hot outside now) I started getting pains in my belly. I had to slow down my speed considerably. Later in the day, I would just feel horrible. I didn't pay too much attention, I just continued, figuring that my body would get used to walking again. I've been able to get back into it and have been walking faster now, still not as fast as I'd like to, though. This also means that I haven't been able to walk as far as I used to. At least I'm still exercising, which has helped with my weight a lot. The only bad part with the treadmill is that it's in the same room as the drum set and Logan thinks he needs to practice when I'm walking. It's so hard to deal with. My ipod can't even hide the sounds he's making.



The baby is moving quite a bit. Kaylen and Logan are so cute to watch with my belly. They will hug it, kiss it, talk to it, and feel it. I love how delighted they get when they feel the baby move. They are so excited for the baby to come.



I went to the midwife today. I'm 36 weeks along, and measuring 38 weeks, so I'm slightly big. If I measure big next week, she'll do an ultrasound and figure out how big the baby really is. I tend to have babies, so this slightly concerns me because it's not easy having a big baby.

No comments: