After staying a week in Ohio, we set off for home, driving in a lovely mini van rental (which I'm sure will never be the same). We planned things out so that we wouldn't drive too long each day, allowing enough time to stop along the way and see different things. I was rather apprehensive about the journey, but it turned out quite nice. The kids got along ok. I travelled good, being pregnant. The kids had a good time. I have actually looked at a map to see which new states we could visit if we did the trip again. I guess if I could already "look forward" to another road trip, things went pretty good.
Our trip by the numbers:
37.5 hours driving in the car
33 Dramamine pills for the kids
3 second doses of Dramamine for Lindsey (swallowing issues)
7 different hotels stayed at
7 states driven through
3 Steak-N-Shake stops (too bad there aren't any by us)
2 nights going to bed after midnight because I had to do laundry
5 items ruined from crap in a hotel's dryer
1 awesome pre-tornado storm we drove through
1 awesome lightening storm at the St. Louis arch
2 anxiety attacks for Spencer
3 puking people
1 National Park visited
1 National Monument visited
2 church history sites visited
1 amusement park visited
1 children's museum visited
1 hitchhiking huge fuzzy spider
1 night of six people eating pizza and salad on 2 paper plates with 2 forks (stupid delivery people)
0 LDS churches seen between Ohio and New Mexico
1 changed hotel reservation
1 freakin hot hotel room
2 missed activities due to sickness
2 blankets that occupied Logan during the trip
1 white trash racing picture won at Frontier City
1 trip to the World's Largest Fireworks Store - Eric was in heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment