Thursday, June 11, 2009

Road Trip: The Magic House

While doing our research for the trip, we came across a children's museum named "The Magic House." It looked like fun, so we added it to our list of places to visit.
I was amazed when we got there and saw how huge the building was. There were two wings to the museum, with each wing having 3-4 levels. We headed one direction. There were so many activities for the kids to do. It was tough to pull the kids away from one activity to move on to the next activity. We've been to science centers and children's museums across the country, and have never been to one that was this awesome. Most of the other museums have the same exhibits, with a few specialty exhibits. About 75% of the exhibits/activities at the Magic House, I've never seen before. It was amazing.


Lindsey at the Louis and Clark play area













Spencer in the mystery/crime scene area



Hitchhiking Spider Story

Just before we arrived at the Magic House, Eric noticed a moving fuzzy thing. He soon realized it was a spider crawling around the speedometer. I caught a glance at it, and told him to pull over so we could get it because it was huge (about an inch in diamter). Of course, he didn't listen and waited until we got to the house. Just as we got to the house, the spider crawled behind all of the dials and gadgets and wouldn't come out. We waited for a little bit and the creepy critter never came out.
When we came back to the car after a few hours, there were spiderwebs all over the steering wheel. There was no sign of the spider, though.
Two days later while we were driving, I went to get something out of the cooler that was in the middle of the middle row of seats (in the back). Right where the handle was, just where I was about to touch, was the fuzzy monster. I screamed and jumped. I immediately grabbed a tissue and smashed the stupid thing. Upon further inspection, I noticed that this spider had fangs! It was so close to crawling into Lindsey's backpack. I'm sure he would have bit us eventually, so I was so glad that I got him (since Eric was too wimpy to).

1 comment:

White Family said...

Oh my goodness! I almost passed out just hearing that spider story. I am TERR-I-FIED of spiders and the webs and the knowing that it's somewhere in the car just not knowing where. Honestly I am not exaggerating in the slightest way, but I would not have been able to get into the car know ing a spider that big was in there somewhere. You are a brave brave woman. I commend you for your bravery! On a less scary note, that museum looks like it's so fun! Every time I see a new place you guys went to on this road trip I have to google it and put it on my "dream family vacation spots" itinerary. What a fun trip. Your children should be thanking their awesome parents every minute for the awesome trip you guys planned for them!