Monday, June 8, 2009

Ohio: Great Weather

In the beginning of June, we went to Ohio. We flew there. The flight went good. It always seems that Eric gets the easy kids and is able to sleep or watch tv while "his" kids occupy themselves. I, however, am the lucky one and get to entertain the youngest child. I had Kaylen and Lindsey sit with me. I played with Kaylen and then I told her it was nap time. After a little protesting, she gave in and went to sleep. We arrived safely in Ohio, eager to see the family members.
We had a great trip; it would be impossible to condense it into one blog post, so I won't even try. I think I'll try to do it in sections. The first section being about the wonderful scenery and weather. I love how green Ohio is. We went early enough in June that it wasn't humid either. The kids really enjoyed playing outside in the awesome weather with their cousins. I enjoyed walking in the morning. I didn't have to wake up at 5:30 before it got too hot. I slept in, then headed out on a walk each morning. I didn't have to worry about the sun, I just found one of the many walking paths through the trees and walked. I walked close to 2.5 - 3 miles each day. The scenery was beautiful.
Spencer and the boys cousins dirt-sledded


Logan playing baseball with Lindsey






Logan, waiting for Tiger
While we were visiting, there was a golf tournament on the golf course around Eric's grandparent's house. We were able to sit in their backyard, overlooking one of the holes and watch the golfers come by. I made it out to see Tiger Woods golf some of the days.

Tiger Woods in the sweater vest

During a trip to the park, Kaylen loved and giggled happily in the swing
(yes, the swing does look like it was made for an adult - it was huge)


The kids with Leatherlips (an Indian)

Kaylen dancing during my nephew's concert at the park

No comments: