Today in institute, the teacher talked about Elder Holland's October 08 Conference Talk, "The Ministry of Angels." In the talk he spoke of heavenly and mortal angels. My teacher posed the question, "Have you had any experiences with mortal angels?" As the sisters shared experiences, tears came to my eyes because my thoughts drifted to my own experiences. There are two that I would like to share.
One day shortly after Logan's birth (could also have been Kaylen), I was having a hard day. Eric was gone. I was at home with all the kids, counting down the minutes until bedtime. There was a knock at the door. There stood Kathryn, a sister in my ward who I used to visit teach. I hadn't talked with her very much after the visiting teaching assignments had been changed. But she had found out that I had the baby and came by to say hi and drop off some brownies. I had been having a hard time, and I really think that Heavenly Father knew what I was in need of and sent Kathryn to lift me up.
The other experience happened this past Sunday. Now that I am getting bigger with this pregnancy, I am incredibly self-conscious of how I look and how I big I look to other people. Two Sundays ago I had debated over what to wear, trying on multiple outfits, trying to find the one which made me look the smallest. When I got to church, someone who I hadn't seen for a couple of weeks exclaimed how big I was. Well that made me start sacrament meeting in tears.
As I got ready this past week. I put on a cute dress and was hoping it was "slimming." Lindsey came into my bathroom and asked, "What the heck are you wearing?" That started the tears again. I was feeling good and ready to face any stupid-people comments from church. This totally blew that idea. I went to church feeling huge and sad. I actually have a countdown of how many more Sundays I'll have to face (with people who don't think before opening their mouths) of being pregnant. Three dear sisters in the ward told me that I looked cute. Those women, unbeknownst to them, made my day.
I have a testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of my needs. He is there for me. He also "sends" angels to me to help me through the tough times in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment