Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spencer's Field Trip


There was a glass exhibit at the gardens when we were there

At the end of February, I was able to join the 4th grade and go on a field trip with Spencer's class to the Botanical Gardens. Logan woke up sick that morning. We decided to have Lindsey stay home from school to babysit Logan so I could go on the field trip. I ended up being very needed on the outing, being the only adult with my group of 12 noisy children. We went on a tour of the gardens, participating in a few activities along the way. The kids were kind of bored with it all; after all, how exciting can plants be? For me, it was fun to be there with Spencer.
After the gardens we went to a park to eat lunch. The kids had a few minutes to play after eating. Spencer started to head off to play and then noticed that one boy was still sitting at the table alone. Spencer invited him to join in the game they were going to play. It made me proud.

No comments: