Monday, March 23, 2009

I just won't think about it

Last night we went over to my parents' house to unload a U-Haul. My mom and dad just spent the week in Utah at my grandma's house. They both felt it was time to clean it out and try to get it sold.
What a huge task for my parents to have to do. My older sister went along to help, but I'm sure it was quite an overwhelming job. No one ever wants to condense a loved one's life into a few boxes to fit into a truck and sell the remaining things. Just thinking about it all saddens me and the tears starts.
I had never thought about the time when this would happen. I always had hoped that the house (and my grandparents) would stick around indefinitely and that I could always bring my kids there every summer to visit and play. Well, unfortunately it's not going to happen. All I have left are memories, pictures, and a few items that were G & G's.
As time passes, it'll be easier and I'll more easily cherish those times I had to go to G & G's house. But for now, I just won't think about it.

No comments: