Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wolf Boy

Pack Meeting was yesterday, Tuesday. Spencer has been working hard to complete the requirements for the Wolf Badge. He completed them Monday morning. It was fun to be able to work with him to help him earn it. We were able to have discussions about safety, Cub Scouts, families, keeping the planet clean, etc. He was also able to do different activities. Some were physical activities, like the long jump or the crab walk. One of the things he needed to do was go to a cultural event. There is a local children's theater which does different musicals and plays. We have gone to High School Musical and Beauty and the Beast at this theater. Some things he did while we built the house, like hammering a nail. Other requirements were completed when we went to Scout-O-Rama. There we built a marshmallow shooter and a rubber band shooter. I enjoyed helping him earn his badge. I hope he also enjoyed and learned from it too.

Bro. Lee, our Cubmaster, presented the award to him. During the presentation, Bro. Lee and Eric turned Spencer upside down to pin the Wolf pin on his shirt. This made the pin upside down. When he does a good deed, he can turn it rightside up.



Spencer has also done extra activities, so he got his gold arrow too. (Thanks Grandma for sewing these on.)
Spencer's belt is decorated with about 6 different belt loops that he has earned. Some of them are marbles, flag football, language and culture.
That being said (a phrase repeated during pack meeting), we are looking forward to doing extra activities to earn more arrow points and belt loops!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I loved Cub Scouts. Our family did so many requirements together. I think my whole family earned the awards with Josh. I miss Pack Mtg. Bro. Lee is hiliarious. That's what I miss most about scouts. 11 yr. old scouts is more about Josh. It should be, but I miss the family involvment of Cub Scouts.
Congratulation to Spencer!