Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hawaii

End of the road at a beautiul beach near the beginning of the Na Pali Coast
February 28 - March 8

We recently went to Hawaii so I've got tons of photos (over 900) that are dying to be shared somehow, so I'll post some of those. I even took pictures of flowers, so many in fact that I've already scrapbooked an entire album of Hawaii flowers. Eric earned his annual Penn Mutual trip, so we took the older three kids with us to Kauai. We went a few days before the conference started and stayed a day after the conference. We had a fantastic time. Hawaii is so beautiful and fun. We were able to drive around the whole island as far as the roads would allow. We hiked, kayaked, swam, played in the ocean, ocean rafted (40 miles an hour!), and snorkeled. Eric learned how to surf.

Kim's top 9 Hawaii


1. being with the family

2. sunrises - they were incredibly beautiful. I woke up early most of the mornings, thanks mostly to the time difference, before the sunrise and escaped from the hotel room. I sat, walked, and jogged along the beach. The whole time I was able to enjoy the sunrises.

3. change of scenery and pace

4. Penn Mutual food - all you can eat yumminess! I highly recommend Virgin Strawberry Coladas.

5. hiking through the jungle and trying to kayak with Lindsey

6. going to church in Hawaii - very nice people. The kids actually played hide and seek in Primary.

7. catching a crab with my hands

8. rafting and getting cut off by a huge whale

9. rental car - loved it! I now want a Saturn Outlook for my birthday cause my car's a bus.
10. glass beach - walking along sand that was worn pieces of glass, itsy-bitsy pieces. We picked up the larger pieces and brought them home. We visited this beach twice.

Sunset at Spouting Horn Blowhole




Fern Grotto Cruise on Wailua River













No comments: