Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference

178th Annual General Conference

What a great day. It was a unique session of conference, one that has only happened 15 times. We were able to sustain a new prophet and counselors of the church. I don't remember sustaining President Hinckley when he became a prophet, so this was new to me. What a great feeling it was to sustain President Monson and his counselors. I am so excited for him to be our new prophet! I love his concern for all of us, his testimony, and his stories. I will greatly miss President Hinckley, but his efforts and testimony are still evident in my life.


Cinnamon Rolls
We have a tradition to make cinnamon rolls during the Priesthood Session of General Conference. Sometimes I have family come over who help, other times I do it alone. Yesterday, Saturday, Spencer helped me out. He is my helper boy.

Very sticky dough - I could only stir so much, then it became fun to knead it with our hands.

The pre-baked results - 5 pans of rolls.

Kaylen was anxious for the cinnamon rolls.
She asked about them first thing when she woke up this morning.











No comments: