Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Well it's Sunday and Eric is at church meetings all day. Maybe a good way to get through these next few hours will be to look at how funny my kids can be. As the afternoon progresses, I'll add to this blog all of the funny things the kids have said or done. They might not be totally hilarious, but at least it'll get me through til Eric comes home.

Close your eyes and open your mouth...
While Kaylen and Logan were eating their lunch appetizer of frozen peas, Logan walked over to Spencer. Logan told Spencer to close his eyes and open his mouth. Logan said he was going to give Spencer an M&M. Spencer was so trusting and closed his eyes. Logan placed a smashed pea in Spencer's mouth.
Pool hall brawl...
Spencer and Lindsey were playing pool. This usually doesn't last long because they can't get along playing pool. I heard Spencer tell Lindsey she was "spastic." She had gotten upset because Spencer "accidentally" hit her in the head with the pool stick. So she messed up all the balls and went crazy (according to Spencer).

Naptime...
Kaylen takes a nap each afternoon. For some reason Lindsey thought it would be brilliant if they took a nap together. I realized that I hadn't heard them for a while, so I went down to the basement and found them there. They were lying in the corner, awake. I asked them if they were taking a nap. Lindsey said yes. Kaylen answered, "me too."
Immediately after taking this picture, Kaylen popped up and said, "see me?" She wanted to see herself in the picture. She actually looks like she was asleep; she was just faking.

Pool hall brawl 2...
Apparently Lindsey and Spencer haven't realized they can't play pool together, because they attempted to again. This time Lindsey was more grown-up and decided she didn't want to play with Spencer & quit in the middle of the game. Spencer called after her, "Forfeiter!"

Baking...
While I got dinner ready to go in the oven, Lindsey decided she needed to bake something. She "knows how to cook" (her words) because she goes to Activity Days at Amy's. She and Logan made brownies. As Lindsey was pouring the brownie batter into the pan, a chunk of cookie dropped from Logan's mouth into the batter (because he was hovering over the batter). Gross! For those of you who I have and will bring treats to: rest assured, I do not cook this way. If I do happen to have enough patience to allow the kids to help, I am very strict about cleanliness and sanitariness. These brownies, needless to say, will ALL be eaten by our family. yummy


Carrot sticks and peanut butter...
As I typed the last section, Lindsey came in with the cutting board and asked if she could use it. I told her I didn't want any carrot sticks and peanut butter. She said, "uh, why do you say that?" She is notorious for putting together plates with baby carrots, ranch dressing, celery, and peanut butter. This means that there, of course, is a mess plus at least 3 knives with peanut butter stuck all over them. She closed my workroom door, locked it, and left. I heard her say to Spencer, "She knows what we're doing!" I'm in for a treat. I think I'll take the brownies - I know which end had the cookie chunk.


Pool hall brawl 3...
No fights or arguments this time because Spencer and I played. He's been begging me since yesterday. I kinda stink, so I don't like playing. As we started the game, Spencer tells me, "I'll take it easy on you." Good thing he was easy on me - I won twice.





Asparagus...
I wanted the kids to try a new vegetable, so I bought asparagus and cooked it for dinner tonight. I made Spencer and Lindsey each take a bite. They whined and gagged and choked on it. Logan took one bite, devoured the whole piece, and then asked for another! Eric told Lindsey and Spencer that he'd pay them $10 if they ate the rest of the asparagus in the bowl - about 10 pieces. They attempted to do that, plugging their noses, drinking tons of milk, adding salt, eating it with chicken. I think 4 pieces got eaten.


A trip?...
Logan was misbehaving during dinner. Eric asked him if he wanted to go to bed early. Logan replied, "No. Me want to go to Hawaii."






This was actually fun to do. It helped me to look for the good and humorous side of the afternoon. As I type this, Kaylen came into my workroom halfway dressed in her long-sleeved pajamas. I'm lucky - this is only her 2nd outfit today.

No comments: